International nationals from a nation outside the EEA and/or EFTA, who want to stay static in Iceland for longer than three (3) months, should have a legitimate residence license.
Residence allows on grounds of cohabitation or marriage are awarded on grounds of Art. 70 of this Act on Foreigners no. 80/2016.
A residence license is issued to a individual planning to proceed to Iceland to reside with his/her spouse or cohabiting partner in Iceland. The necessity is the fact that spouse or cohabiting partner is an Icelandic or a Scandinavian resident, an international resident keeping a permanent residence license or a temporary residence license on grounds of work needing qualified expertise, for athletes, for moms and dads, on grounds of worldwide security, humanitarian grounds, unique link with Iceland or higher level studies.
Particular unique needs use regarding family reunification for those who hold a residence license in Iceland on grounds of worldwide security, humanitarian grounds, unique connection or perhaps a residence license as a moms and dad. The partner or cohabitant of this applicant whom is applicable for reunification in Iceland should have worked or examined in Iceland in appropriate stay the past four (4) years before publishing a software (unless an exemption is applicable).
You’ve probably a right up to a residence license as being a partner or cohabiting partner if all the requirements that are following met, along with other people
- You may be avove the age of 18 years,
- you had been 18 years old or older whenever you married or entered cohabiting partnership,
- Year you are married or have been in cohabiting partnership for more than one (1,
- you have got a spouse or cohabiting partner who lives in Iceland and it is an Icelandic or Scandinavian resident, or an international resident keeping a permanent residence license or a foreign resident residing in Iceland on grounds of the residence license as previously mentioned above,
- the wedding satisfies certain requirements for enrollment based on the legislation regarding domicile,
- you should have a home that is permanent exactly the same location as your partner or your cohabiting partner,
- you are able to show during your stay that you are able to provide for yourself,
- you have got a valid insurance coverage with an Icelandic insurance carrier (on the go insurance firms) or a international insurance provider authorized to work in Iceland (on the go Foreign Insurance businesses),
- you’ve got maybe perhaps not offered a unlawful phrase abroad over the last five (5) years or been sentenced with a court of legislation for the offense which will be punishable by significantly more than three (3) months imprisonment relating to Icelandic legislation, and
- your partner is not sentenced by a court of legislation or been susceptible to general public safety precautions for the past five (5) years (unless an exemption applies), and
- the partner that is spouse//cohabiting Iceland consents to your license being issued.
You may perhaps perhaps perhaps not
- have married or perhaps a partner that is cohabiting convenience purposes (in other words. for any other reasons than being along with your partner, for instance, truly the only function being to have a residence license in Iceland),
- have been around in cohabiting partnership at under one (1) if you apply for a cohabiting partnership permit year,
- take effect until a residence and work license happens to be provided, you do not have to apply for a work permit (please note that a cohabiting partner of an Icelandic citizen may not start to work before his/her residence permit has been granted) unless you are the spouse or cohabiting partner of an Icelandic citizen, in which case,
- work with a manager apart from the main one by which the job license relies, and
- stay static in another nation more than three (3) months atlanta divorce attorneys period that is 12-month of residence license duration; otherwise the residence license could be terminated or revoked.
A credit card applicatoin for the residence and work license and supporting papers shall be submitted to your Directorate of Immigration or during the workplaces for the region commissioners outside the Reykjavнk Metropolitan region.
Observe that various guidelines may connect with a license to keep whenever a software is submitted even though it’s being processed. partners and cohabiting lovers might be in Iceland whenever a credit card applicatoin is submitted if they base their close to someone who falls beneath the groups above except a spouse/cohabiting partner of the pupil if he or she is needed to have visa. See more information in the area on legal rights which can be connected to the license.
If a job candidate will not satisfy these demands and also the needs talked about below, the applying for a residence license shall be refused as well as the applicant must keep Iceland. A job candidate who maybe maybe perhaps not leave the national nation could be susceptible to expulsion or an entry ban. An entry ban can also be an entry ban to the Schengen region for the certain time frame or even for two (2) years as the very least.
The applicant is in charge of trying red tube to get renewal of his/her residence allow at least four (4) months ahead of the legitimacy associated with the permit expires. Should this be done, the applicant is allowed in which to stay Iceland whilst the application for renewal has been prepared because of the Directorate of Immigration. In cases where a renewal of the residence license just isn’t requested prior to the amount of credibility expires, the applying should be managed just as if this had been a permit that is first maybe maybe not renewal. An application received following the permit that is previous expired will soon be refused in the event that applicant won’t have a permit in which to stay Iceland whilst the application will be prepared.
Further on a residence license for the partner and partner that is cohabiting
Liberties connected to the license
Application for a very first license
Liberties attached to the license
- The partner or even a partner that is cohabiting take Iceland whenever obtaining a residence license and even though it really is being prepared, except the spouse and cohabiting partner of a pupil that is necessary to have a visa. A job candidate that is necessary to have visa and who’s abroad whenever obtaining a residence permit cannot arrive at Iceland before the residence license happens to be provided.
- The spouse or cohabiting partner of an citizen that is icelandic authorized to your workplace with out a work license in Iceland. Partners of Icelandic residents can start to the office the moment they usually have submitted a software for the residence license but a cohabiting partner may maybe perhaps not begin working ahead of the residence license was given. Other candidates must submit an application for work license when they want to operate in Iceland and may even perhaps not start working until a residence and work license happens to be given.
- A residence license is usually provided for example (1) 12 months at any given time, but, two (2) years being a optimum. The license legitimacy might nevertheless never surpass the legitimacy amount of the spouse/cohabiting partner‘s license.
- A residence license can be renewed for just two (2) years as an optimum, offered what’s needed for the permit will always be met, nevertheless, the permit may never be valid much longer than the license of the individual by that the bases that are applicant right.
- The residence license provides the right to family members reunification. A residence license may be reproduced for on grounds of household reunification for:
- the applicant’s young ones beneath the chronilogical age of 18 if the applicant has custody of those;
- the moms and dads of a job candidate in the event that moms and dads are 67 years or older (will not connect with pupils).
- The residence license can be a foundation of a residence permit that is permanent.
- The partner of a Icelandic resident may have the ability to Icelandic citizenship after three (3) many years of residing in Iceland after marriage, supplied specific other demands are met. One requirement is the fact that the partner has received Icelandic citizenship for at the least five (5) years.
- A cohabiting partner of a Icelandic resident may have the best to Icelandic citizenship after five (5) several years of surviving in Iceland after the formal enrollment of cohabitation, so long as other needs are met. One requirement is the fact that the partner has received Icelandic citizenship for at the very least five (5) years.